- Added Ambient Occlusion, giving a more pleasing aesthetic to the entire level
- Teleportation Mutator, you can now go through walls!
- New game mode: Heavy Bullets inspired by the awesome game "Heavy Bullets" (thanks @terrivellmann)
- New characters! Including cameos from Shovel Knight, Glitch from Twitch and TankMan from Newgrounds
- Twitch integration where viewers can influence the game!
- Special twitch-based game modes where viewers control obstacles directly through the chat
- Awesome new achievements
- Announcer selection screen when the game is booted up for the first time
- Grumpy Egoraptor (Arin) Announcer
- The characters' descriptions are now displayed in the character selection screen
- Added a "Death Reason" animation in the score screen which reminds you when you die because you haven't moved
- Improved the UI for displaying mutator and match length status in lobbies
- Optimized UI so it doesn't lag where there are big lists displayed
- Added icons to certain pop-up messages to make them easier to identify
- Added a scrolling "Goal" text on the goal line in the score screen
- Added a Twitch Mode settings screen
- Extended the "Freeze Mode Selection videos on low framerates after X seconds" by 2 seconds
- Fixed various problems with online play.
- Fixed a bug where players could teleport outside of the level with the Teleportator Mutator
- Lowered the nr. of rounds required to reach the Daily Challenge Badges
- Fixed a bug that caused the Daily Challenge mutator to be the same
- Disabled the option of turning Mutators off while TwitchMode is on
- Made all the vote options during TwitchMode pulsate
- Improved Heavy Bullets AI
- Changed the number of "rounds per minute" from 2 to 1
- You can now go back to menu from local Mode Voting (ONLY local)
- Announcer lines now loop while the "Announcer" option is highlighted
- The programmer's words "Fixed a typo that caused horrible things to happen"
- Added freaking amazing gun sounds for Heavy Bullets <3
- Added Dutch translation!
- Fixed a networking issue related to jetpacks
- Whispers now pull emotes as well
- Fixed a bug where votes weren't registering anymore in Twitch Mode after a TwitchLaser round
- Fixed problem with the Death reason not getting removed correctly after score screen
- Fixed a bug where the game couldn't fetch the number of viewers in twitch mode, so now it default to 100.
- Spent a significant amount of time working on a feature that couldn't be released with this update :<
- Fixed a bug related to saving and loading replays with mutators in them
- Fixed utf8 bug related to twitch whispers
- Fixed lasers using hardcoded timers instead of animation labels
- Fixed a lack of polish where the Mutator Wheel wouldn't trigger right when you got selected during mutator selection.
- Fixed a crash related to the JoeArray data
- Added fancy laser assets for the lasers in Twitch Lasers... lasers.
- Fixed a crash when the Steam username was nil
- Made one more character self aware.
- Experimented with microphone input (still work in progress)
- Experimented with a "slow motion" twitch mode but removed it due to time constraints.
- Fixed the way "rounds played" were tracked in "Shifty Ground" and "Spike Ball"
- Made the first project git commit during flight from an airplane's wifi.
- Prevented the need for a restart after changing the twitch channel for TwitchMode
- You can now use mutators in the editor!
- The replay system can also use mutators
- Ability to change skins in the editor replay system
- Renamed the "ChainsawDrop" entity in the editor to "DropPoint" so it can be used universally in multiple game modes
Super Small Things
- In the mutators pop-up, the "No" option is on the left now, rather than the previous "right"
- Fixed a bug where the character description wouldn't get removed properly after leaving the lobby
- Temporarily disable "Death Reason" animation while the "Move and Die" mutator is on
- Removed the baked shadows from the background assets
- Fixed some controller assignment problems in conventionmode (PAX EAST)
- Replaced lasers labled "Top1" "top2" to "Tango" "Whiskey" etc...
- Renamed "Poop" and "Wizard" to "Poopster" and "Unfortunate Trevor"
- Fixed a crash that occurred when you Alt+F4 out of the game. No idea why we fixed this...
- Cleaned up the devconsole prints on boot